Sunday, September 12, 2010

Curry Kapitan

VIRGO VIRGO - there are alot of VIRGO babies around me.
I would have to organise a big party if all my close one is beside me.
9th Sept - a big celebration for my dearest.
I am going to be the big chef for the celebration.
And its Oriental night!
Looking at the recipes online and wondering what i suppose to cook.. until i found this - curry kapitan which i have never cook before.
The birthday boy is going to be my 'guinea pig'.. :P

The recipe that the birthday boy said, ICHIBAN!

Ingredients:
1. 450g chicken breast - cut in cube
2. 10 kaffir lime leaves (8 tear in small pieces and 2 for decoration)
3. 3 tbsp coconut powder in 1/2 cup warm water
4. 1 no lemon - juice
5. sugar, salt / soy sauce to taste

Paste Ingredients:
1. 1 big onion
2. 5 cloves garlic
3. 2 stalks lemongrass - slice in small pieces
4. 10 dried chili
5. 5 fresh chili
6. 4 bird chili
7. 3 tbsp tumeric powder
8. 2 tbsp curry powder (meat)
9. 5 nuts (almond)

Step 1: Blend all the paste ingredients. Fry with oil until dry..
Step 2: Add coconut milk to prevent burning
Step 3: Add the chicken, fry for 5 minute
Step 4: Add the Kaffir leave
Step 5: Cook in low heat until the chicken become tender (15 minute)
Step 6: Add the lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce to taste

Here you go.

1 comment:

Julian Si said...

Looks deeeeelicious :-)

See you soon, Chia Wee!