Monday, June 23, 2008

Going Public in Malaysia

It’s 1240am, I am still awake at this time to accompany Ray working on his new tender, reviewing pricing and quotations. Online, wanted to talk to my sisters in the States but Noi told me that they were out for church in the morning and going to museum in the afternoon.. haha.. museum!!! I remembered the last museum that I visited is in Indianapolis in year 2006 and I think the last visit to KL museum was year 1996 (form 4). Don’t know whether they are going to the same museum today? Well, museum, I saw a Petroleum Museum in the Abu Dhabi mini directory, maybe I should have visit it one day.
Sign on my MSN, nobody online, oppss.. its 445am Malaysia time….
Looking at www.livescore.com, Ray’s favorite team, Spain had a draw game with Italy. Too bad for him. Hehe.. why he like Spain? Because the favorite Liverpool player Fernando Torres is in the team!
Boring.. boring..
Reading the star online this morning, a lot of Malaysian especially in KL and Penang are going to public transport due to the Gas price raised 40% about 1 week ago. Kuala Lumpur City Hall recorded a drop of almost 12,000 cars entering the city daily a week after the fuel price hike; Queues at LRT stations are getting longer and car parks are bursting at the seams; A bus company in Putrajaya has recorded a 10% increase in the number of passengers; Daily traffic volume on the Penang Bridge has dropped by 7% from the previous daily volume of 67,000 vehicles; Sales of motorcycles have increased by up to 25%. Demand is higher than supply now, good for Boon Siew family!
Well, I would love to take a LRT to KL downtown once awhile, but not everyday, especially when I was alone. I have think about this seriously 2 years ago when I had some offers for new job. At last, I have choose my current job which located in PJ rather than the job in KL; the main reason is I need to park my car in LRT station PJ and travel to downtown by LRT! It is always good for public to use the public transport provided there are enough spaces and parking lot in LRT station or bus station. 2nd, the safety issue, either the car steal or the snatch thief problems. Otherwise, at the end of the day, it will make the public to give up the public transport!
I think I would get Ray to buy me a pink Scooter when we back in KL…

No comments: