Thursday, August 28, 2008

Digi-cam

I am looking for my pre-wedding photographing recently… erm, not recent.. Have been looking for the package for quite a long time.. so, I have spend most of my free time click online, look at the photographing website internationally and of cause Joe’s multiply. Joe, my best friend has done a very good job in photographing. He is very talented in art, he was doing very good in painting as well, during school time. Because of my job, I travel from time to time; from Asia to the Middle East. Ray has bought me two handy auto digi cams before, the Fuji Fine Pix and the Casio which I am using right now. These two cameras are good, but I couldn’t get a very nice shooting especially at night, e.g. the twilight, so, I think I would want to upgrade my camera to a Manual cam, in the other word, the SLR camera. I did visited the shops and airport duty free for the camera and do price comparison but I still don’t have any idea which to go. I did though of joining the photo shooting class so I can do a better photo shooting. Think too much huh? A friend of mine has introduced me the D80, I think this probably the best for me, a beginner.

The thing that I worry is, the SLRs are not as handy as the small auto digicam and I am not sure how long I would want to play with the SLR, if I have one; 6 months? 12 month? (hangat-hangat tahi ayam :P)
So, should I or not?
Anybody can advise? Please…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...D80, that is Raymond's first SLR too.

If you really love photography, you will feel the 'huge' camera body and lenses as burden, but will happily carry the 'huge' camera bag walking around...like Raymond...=P

We went to Putrajaya for fireworks competition last two weeks. We have Malaysia on 12th, China on 16th, Canada on 20th and Spain 24th Aug.

He posted his photos on Flickr.
http://flickr.com/photos/raymondevil

Take a look when you are free.

Anonymous said...

Get yourself a 2nd DSLR first... D40/D40x/D60 should be a very good camera for beginner and you should love the color of the photo that taken by these camera. Once you have get used of the DSLR and want to get a new one. Call me :D

嘉莹 said...

My fren jz brought a new SLR, but he told me dunno how to use...haha...let me "pa" with him what is the brand that he brought, then tell u...hehe

Babe said...

Sansan,
aiya.. the flickr is blocked in the UAE la. any other website to see your Ray's shooting? I really very 冲动 to buy a SLR la.. but still searching and looking ard for the model and price. tak jadi bought in August coz already broke buying my ray's sept 9th bday present. an Oris watch.. your ray has any multiply acct? (p/s: to avoid confusing, i use my ray and ur ray so ppl wont confuse when see this msg). take k and thanks for dropping a msg my dear.

Joe,
since u already have 3 SLRs, so, do u have any 2nd hand SLR to sell to me? 75% off to me lar. kakaka.. :P

Ing,
go go go 8 and let me know..

Anonymous said...

Aiya, I didn't know flickr is blocked there...why le?

What about 'multiphy'? If this is accessible, I will ask my Ray to upload it for you...hehe...

Babe said...

San,
not only flickr, alot other photo web also banned by this Muslim country.
multiply is accessible here. please...

ahpiau said...

try Photoshop Express
it offers FREE 2GB web space for photo.
more detail


to get a good 2nd camera, u can go to YLCamera (2nd floor, PUDU Plaze,KL),
for directly deal with DLSR user here