Monday, January 12, 2009

Chicken Rendang

Ray begged me to cook when I am free. Hehe, proved that I am a good cook. LOL perasan me… Erm, tried to check out whats in the fridge. Chicken breast, fillet, and some veges. Okla, I should cook something more challenging since I am a bit free today --- rendang la. Alamak, the instant rendang paste is finished. Well, I got to find out the recipe from www (hehe cheating). Finally I found the recipe in Recipezaar, I have modified it because I do not have all the ingredient shown the recipe.
And my recipe works! Try it!


1. Chicken Breast 500 g, sliced
2. 3 table spoon dry desiccated coconut powder
3. 3 table spoon coconut powder in 200 ml water (or 200ml fresh coconut milk)
4. 3 table spoon cooking oil
5. 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
6. Smashed lemongrass stalks
7. 5 lime leaves, cut into small slice
8. 1 table spoon sugar
9. 1 teaspoon salt
10. 1 table spoon thick soy sauce
11. 2 table spoon soy sauce

Ingredient A
- 3 big onions, sliced
- 1 small ginger, sliced
- 2 big chilies, sliced
- 3 stalks lemongrass, sliced the head.
- 1 table spoon chili powder

Step 1 : Pan fry to dry the desiccated coconut powder until golden brown in low heat
Step 2 : Blend ingredient A with 150ml coconut cream
Step 3 : Heat the cooking oil, fry ingredient A in medium heat, add in tumeric powder and smashed lemongrass stalks
Step 4 : Add in the chicken and stir for 5 minutes
Step 5 : Add all the coconut milk, stir in low heat until the met is done
Step 6 : Add the thick soy sauce and soy sauce in low heat
Step 7 : Add the fried coconut, sugar, salt and lime leaves.
Ready !

I give myself 80% for this rendang.. haha. I will cook it again if there is any potluck party!

p/s : Ray gave me 95%!! what a nice compliment! and he ate 2 bowl of rice tonight. (he is on diet ler.. i should not cook this since our diet program going on.. LOL)

3 comments:

Agnes said...

yummy..yummy...i also wan to eat.

Johnny Ong said...

susah also when u are on diet and see those kind of nice dishes on the table

Babe said...

Agnes, Johnny,
myself also eat with steam rice - i already quit rice for dinner. habis my diet plan. LOL.