Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another sleepless night

I was suffering from fever, running nose, sore troat these few days. I have visited hospital days ago and been waiting for 2 hours to see a doctor. It’s a long queue. Well, I know, there is virus, virus, virus everywhere, especially now which there is a new virus H1N1 (referred to as “swine flu” early on).


I met a nice friendly elder female Indian doctor in the hospital.


Dr : What’s wrong with you?

Me : Erm, flu, sore troat, cough with yellowish, greenish phlegm

Dr : Ok

(While waiting for the asistant to measure my temperature)

Dr : 37.6 Slight fever

Me : Oh, no wonder I felt cold

Dr : Did you travel recently?

Me : Yes, I just got back from Kuwait 3 weeks ago. Before the swine flu. (I emphasize this)

Dr : Did you get in touch with anyone who travel from Mexico?

Me : I don’t think so.

Dr : Ok. No worry, giving you antibiotic, if not recover when you finish, please come back to do blood test.

Me : OK, thanks doctor. (I was thinking, so serious meh?)


It’s the 3rd day today.


I am so tired, no more fever but sufferring from cough now. I have wake up by the cough average 1 hour during the midnight, to throw out the phlegm. Sleepless night.


I miss home and miss my family.


Need to get a nap now. I am suppose to be on MC today.


A lot of Wantonsss in the trash bin

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Take good care dear!! Seem like u sick every month!! not enough rest maybe...or u are just too weak? Maybe u should try to take some chinese medicine (Paw Shen)..I drink that every week if not i will fall sick easily.

Babe said...

Thanks agnes.. thanks for calling. oh. will take pawshen when recover :)