Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Costa VS Starbucks


VS


I am sitting in Costa café when I writing this. Escape from home because the power termination – someone didn’t pay the bill!! I need power supply to on my pc, check and reply emails. Ordered my favorite drink and start work.. Guess what? I don’t drink coffee in this popular coffee franchise. I have my Mango ice-blended. Miss tropical fruit ma. Costa café is just so popular in this country, besides the American brand – Starbucks.
They have the same history – they are both founded in year 1971.
The original Starbucks was opened in Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington, in 1971 by three partners by Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegel, and Gordon Bowker while the Costa coffee was first founded in 1971 at 9 Newport Street, London, by the Italian brothers, Sergio and Bruno Costa.
Of coz, Starbucks is the biggest coffee chain in the world nowadays; you will see his logo worldwide. They have an excellent CEO - Howard Schultz which has ranked by Forbes Magazine as the 354th richest person in the United States in 2006.
It’s always good to know the history and story of something and somebody. But, who cares, I would be happy as long as I can find a cozy café with nice atmosphere and good service.
.
.
.
Continue my Chicken Caesar salad in Costa…

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.