Saturday, September 20, 2008

Internet-ic OR World Wide Web-ic

Because of my job, I spent 8-12 hrs online each day; or maybe more than that. Sometimes I think I am addicted to internet or i called it internet-ic. I remembered my very first few days in Abu Dhabi, about a week, I couldn’t get online because no facilities at home, I felt depressed. I felt I was disconnected with the other part of the world. Very 夸张.. I couldn’t remember when I started use internet, it probably around year 1995, which is 13 years ago. And it still is developing from time to time, from day to day.

Other than work, what else I do online? I think I reading news, messaging and blogging – reading blog most of the time. And of coz email and social group…

The commonness of internet blogging has impacted the recent 308 election in Malaysia badly, which 5 of 13 state legislatures were won by the opposition. I do not want to talk much about politic here but I realize that a lot of famous blogger and politician used blogs to voice out dissent and criticism against the Malaysian Government. I enjoyed reading it and I suppose everybody enjoyed it as well. That’s the power of internet and www!

Other than information, the best thing about internet is we can get in touch with everyone world wide easily. I spent time in Skyp-ing with business partners and family as well. And I think my parents are pretty good in doing this – msn-ing, skyp-ing among the elderly group :P (they forced to use it as all the kids are abroad!) Mom even knows how to use emotioncon and winks in the msn!!! What a surprise! Hahaha..

I think I should reduce my online time. Otherwise I don’t know how to survive if I can’t get online, one day…

4 comments:

嘉莹 said...

haha...same as me too...i'm now trying not to online after work and on weekend...

Babe said...

cousin,
y i cant masuk ur blog? ur block it or block me?

嘉莹 said...

I block the blog, jz wan to have some privacy, too many ppl viewing my blog....I learn some lesson for it.
Probably i'll share later among our family members only.
Some more i didn't update since change to new job.

Babe said...

wah, privacy. why? got kenny's sexy pic in the blog? must see see. okla. let me know.