Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Satay in Abu Dhabi

31st August, it was Malaysia’s Merdeka day, and I dreamed I was enjoying satay, somewhere… (do not remember where I makan satay :P, anyway, it’s a dream. Hehe)
So happen that we went dine in at the Down Town restaurant, Sheraton Khalidiya. Browsed through the food menu quickly and I have made up my mind to order ‘Malay fried rice with satay and peanut sauce’.. hooray, I don’t expect I can get SATAY over here, in the Middle East. The satays are different with our satay, it is made of the whole piece of chicken breast. The peanut sauce is good too, just too much coconut milk and lack of crashed peanut. Hehe.. too many comments huh? Right after the dinner, we went to the Choithram to buy some food and i have bought the BBQ marinate powder and satay sauce. It is not as good as our HOME satay but I think it probably is the best in Abu Dhabi, for the Malaysian here… I think we will do it again during BBQ in the winter.




Ingredient A
- 1 pack of BBQ marinate powder
- Chicken
- Satay peanut sauce

Step 1 : Clean the chicken and cut it into ½” x ½” cubic
Step 2 : Marinated the chicken with the powder
Step 3 : Weave the chicken onto bamboo skewers
Step 4 : Pan fried it with some cooking oil with slow fire (barbeque is the best!)
Step 5 : Heat the peanut sauce
Ready !


3 comments:

凌国文 said...

祖国风雨如晦,还是吃沙爹好:)

Babe said...

文,
我每天都上网读当今大马等。搞到这样,真的很惨了。唉。

凌国文 said...

薇,

我们身在祖国的子民,每天睡醒只有一个愿望:天空颜色快点变!